Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Case of the Tuesdays

I was going to write about something profound and thought-provoking today, but screw it - I've got a case of the Tuesdays. And no, that's not a fun thing. It's basically like Monday is repeating itself. I'm stuck in Groundhog Day. No fun at all. Annie and I talked about having a case of the Mondays yesterday, where everything just seems to go wrong from the second your alarm goes off. You're tired, busy, don't really want to be at work and daydream about laying on your sofa with a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate (or glass of wine, depending on how bad your day is) watching movies - or in my case, a marathon the Food Network. I've found a new addiction and it's not good.

Anyways, you eventually get over your case of the Mondays and move on with your week. Yesterday after work I went to the grocery store and that kicked my Monday Blues out the window. I love the grocery store! It's amazing I don't weigh a thousand pounds considering how much I love food and cooking. But that's my happy place, and we all need at least one. It's the only way to pull yourself out of the pit of quicksand that is Monday. So fast forward a few hours and I've cooked a delicious dinner, cleaned my entire house, relaxed on the sofa and watched my favorite Monday night shows. I couldn't have been in a better mood. But then this morning, as I came into work, I realized that that pest of a devil that sits on your back on Mondays had climbed from the back seat of my loaner car and jumped right back on my back. It's just "one of those days." Too busy to actually get anything done, my morning is filled with annoying phone calls and requests from people to do their work. Needless to say, I'm already daydreaming about my sofa and there is no hot chocolate in sight - just a glass of wine and Giada. Hell, I'd even take Rachael Ray or Sandra Lee right now. And it's only 10am. Not a good sign.

What's funny is I'm usually a very positive person. I see that damn silver lining that people hate for me to bring up and I always try to find the bright side of everything. When I get short on patience and frustrated with the smallest things, I honestly begin to worry that I have Turrets or something because it's so unnatural for me to be angry or unnerved for more than 5 minutes. This weekend, when I was in a hurry, I screamed at an elderly couple who's car was in front of me and driving too slow in my opinion. Granted my windows were all rolled up and I was basically yelling at myself, but still. I was concerned with the way I was acting. But after thinking about this for a while I realized that everyone gets a little impatient or stressed from time to time. I bet even Mother Teresa let few curse words fly every now and then, the difference being that afterwards she probably fell to her knees and said 20 Hail Mary's and I just shrug my shoulders, but still. Even the most positive, hope-filled human beings fall apart or lose their patience from time to time. And it's okay! Actually, it's probably healthy, in my opinion. I find that it's therapeutic to express my frustrations and then go to my points of happiness in life - like my mom, my husband, my girlfriends, even this blog now. Once I connect with my points of happiness I'm able to pull my head up and realize that life isn't all that bad and I really should just suck it up and put a smile on my face. Now if the clouds would just part and let the sun shine through, I could kick my case of the Tuesdays out the door. Thanks, Michelle - I blame you. ; )

Quote of the Day: "The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." - Dorothy Parker

Tidbit for Today: Check out this story - if it doesn't make you smile and wonder in amazement, I don't know what will. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/4927224/Pink-dolphin-appears-in-US-lake.html





No comments:

Post a Comment