Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Oh What a Beautiful Morning"

As I stepped out my front door this morning, I took a deep breath and had my first taste of spring. I know it's only March 4th, but today was the first day I smelled spring. Laugh all you want, but yes, I can smell the different seasons. I can smell holidays too. Jealous?

Anyways, back to this glorious day. It couldn't be more beautiful. I am speechless and in awe of nature and life today. It's the kind of day you just want to be outside, maybe with a good book and a cup of coffee, sitting on a patio. It's the kind of day you want to spend with your friends and loved ones. It's a day to be thankful. It's a day to smile no matter what. It's a day to send your friends nice notes or messages, just to say hi. It's a day to do something nice for someone else, maybe even someone you don't know. It's a day to read a snuggie blog and almost spit out your coffee. It's a day to get excited about cuppies and joe - FYI, it's going to be even MORE beautiful tomorrow, Meesh!

It's a day to quit smoking. And it's a day to ask my friends and family to not only support me in this endeavor but also to kick my often rotund backside if I try to slip up. ; ) That's why you have support systems, right?

Here's to more beautiful and HEALTHY days! Happy Hump Day!

Quote of the Day: "Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

Tidbit for Today: If you're looking for something to do tonight, McNellie's Public House in Midtown has a great Wednesday special! $3 burgers - and this isn't just any burger....it's HUGE! And delicious! Plus, it comes with fries. You could go split one with your hubby, boyfriend or fiance, throw back a few pints and not dig too deep into your pockets. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Want to meet me at Starbucks and sip some coffee and read a book on the patio? I just might be heading that way, so let me know!

    I'm glad your case of the Tuesdays is over!!

    ReplyDelete